Composite is committed to providing a safe, accessible and welcoming environment for all attendees.
Collingwood Yards has a comprehensive Accessibility page that can be viewed here and below are some more general points related to our venue.
Composite is wheelchair accessible via the main carriageway ramp from Johnston Street as well as elevator access to the UG floor via the 'art deco' entrance midway down the Johnston Street facade and also via the rear entrance beside the Keith Haring mural, which has a ramp and leads to the elevator.
Gender Neutral Bathrooms:
Composite has all gender neutral bathrooms.
Screenings and events do not generally include Auslan interpretation however can be provided upon request for events. Please contact Composite if there is an event you would like interpreted: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessible Parking/Dropoff Areas:
If you are coming by car, there is accessible drop-off and pick up space at the side of building beside the Keith Haring mural. There are also accessible parking located in the carpark at the rear of our venue.
Composite is not climate controlled.
Please contact Bus Projects if you would like to arrange a designated quiet area at our opening events.
Lighting is provided by LED globes. However screenings will feature low lighting.
Comprehensive lighting covers all external areas of the precinct courtyard as well as LED strip lighting across the external facade of the building.
- Covered areas are situated in the following:
- 35A Johnston St. (Link)
- 35B Johnston St. (Deco)
- 30B Perry St. (Undercroft)
- Perry St Level 1 Landing
- Perry St Level 2 Landing
- Perry St Arcade outside retail area
Guide Dogs/Service Dogs:
Guide dogs and service dogs are welcome at Bus Projects.
If you have any questions about accessibility or feel uncomfortable at any point during an event such as this, please approach one of our team and we will do our utmost to resolve the issue.
Getting to the Venue
- Train: The nearest Station is Victoria Park. Victoria Park Station is approximately a 700 metre, 10 minute walk to and from Collingwood Yards. Victoria Park Station is elevated and access to the platforms is either via a ramp or lift. For Station information: Victoria Park Station is on the Hurstbridge and Mernda Lines.
- Tram: The nearest Tram stop is Stop 19 on the Route 86 at the corner of Johnston St & Smith St. Stop 19 is approximately a 300 meter, 5 minute walk to and from Collingwood Yards. Route 86 is partly serviced by low-floor trams. Stop information is available here
- Bus: The nearest Bus stop is the corner of Johnston St & Smith St on Routes 200, 207 and Night Bus Route 966. The corner of Johnston St & Smith St is approximately a 300 meter, 5 minute walk to and from Collingwood Yards.
- On Site Parking: Collingwood Yards offers a single disabled car parking space. Located in the commons area at 35C Johnston Street vehicle entrance. See site map below or at this link.
- There are numerous secure and street parking options in the area. On the North boundary of Collingwood Yards on Johnston St, two-hour free parking is available. On the South boundary of Collingwood Yards on Perry St, four-hour free parking is available. All day paid parking options are available on Wellington Street (East of Precinct).
Precinct Entrances and Access:
- Collingwood Yards has five external entrances. Two are on Perry Street (Designated as 30A Perry St and 30B Perry Street). Three are on the Johnston Street side (Designated as 35A Johnston St, 35B Johnston St and 35C Johnston St).
- The whole of the site is accessible from each entrance, however, if visiting for a specific event at Composite please enter from the Johnston Street side.
- Outdoor Area: Footpath connects 35B and 35C Johnston St to 30B Perry St. Footpath and courtyard connects 35A Johnston St and 30A Perry St.
Designated smoking areas are:
Adjacent to Circus Oz, Northwestern corner of the courtyard, Events may designate temporary outdoor smoking areas.
- Johnston St Building: Floor access to Johnston Street Building can be made via the following areas:
- The lift immediately inside 35B Johnston St (LG) provides access to levels UG, 1 and 2.
- 35A Johnston St provides a footpath and ramp to the Automatic door entrance to level UG.
- From 35C Johnston St, there is a footpath and ramp leading to Johnston St lifts and external staircase.
- Perry St Building: Floor access to the Perry Street Building can be made via the following areas:
- From 30A Perry St, footpath leads to the retail area of Perry St (UG) and courtyard.
- Lift can be accessed via 30A and 30B Perry St, allowing access to levels 1 and 2 of Perry St Building.
- From Johnston St, access to Perry St Building can be made by crossing the courtyard.
- Lock Building:
- Access to the Lock Building can be made via the footpath from 35A, 35B and 35C.
- Access to level 1 and 2 can be made in the Lock building lift.
- Access to level UG can be made via a ramp.